Home of the Maritime Volunteer Service on the Thames
What is the MVS?
- We are a recognised national maritime training organisation.
- We are a uniformed body of volunteers with more than 30 units around the country.
- We are organised nationally into units and regions.
- We have a grade structure based upon the individual member’s achievements and skills.
- We operate as a registered charity.
What does the MVS do?
- We have training units at ports around the UK's coast.
- We operate and maintain RIBs, launches and other training vessels.
- We provide skilled support for local maritime organisations and events.
- We serve the local community in times of need or emergency.
- We take part in emergency planning exercises ashore and afloat.
What will the MVS do for me?
- We can train you to nationally and internationally recognised standards.
- We offer you the chance to take part in unique activities and experiences.
- We offer training not easily found at a price you can afford.
- We offer you a worthwhile hobby that can help your working life.
- We offer you fun and excitement.
What can I do for the MVS?
- Help to manage the service.
- Become an instructor to pass on valuable maritime skills and knowledge.
- Support your local MVS Unit with public relations and fund raising activities.
- Encourage others to become involved.